17 March 2015

Wear and tear

Here I am,
At the hilltop,
Holding up a bluish diamond in hand.
Glittering in the reflection of sunlight,
A glowing smile spreads across my face.
Pride, confidence, joy;
Rising to the height of the hill.

On my right are Angels and Samaritans,
Who hand me the diamond as a compliment, as a gift;
As an award, as a bonus.
The hands of the people raise high in the air,
Waving and cheering for my success.
I sweep my eyes across the crowd and find a few familiar faces.
Yeah, these are the ones.

Whilst on my left...

‪‬The crowd comprises of the Ruby-eyed's and Barbarians.
Their glares are constantly between the diamond and I,
And the crowd obviously outnumbers that on the right.
I wonder what they are up to.
Their hands raise high in the air too,
Flaming with the hunger and desire to pull me down.
I let my eyes wander cautiously across the crowd.
So many familiar and once friendly figures,
Which have now turned into zombies that long for my delicious flesh and appetizing brain.

I take a step closer to the left side crowd,
Trying to persuade and convince them,
That I did not cheat; that I did put in a lot of efforts.
That my success is a result of my payoff.
But the hungry hands are still high in the air,
Eager to tear my body apart.

Suddenly I slip beneath my feet.
There are chaos in the crowds of both side.
And I lose my balance.

Eventually,
The diamond falls into the hands of my supporters;
And I feel myself falling into the starving crowd...

Pah!

I am grabbed by thousands of hands,
With roars of evil laughters that signal their victory.
While I feel myself being ripped apart...
I slowly drift into a never-ending nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment