25 May 2015

recent days, recent experiences, recent life-lessons

Recently, I have been catching up with friends from different states, different backgrounds;
And while I read back my personal statement and my biography, which were written a year or two ago,
I found myself to be fussing a lot, about my personal encounters and experiences.

Now I realize,
A more-than-lucky person I am, really.

Yes.
When there was this junior who approached me to find out how I have been doing,
While I was wondering what he has been doing after he transferred,
I just got to know that he has been exposed to many different environment and experiences.
I would have to admit, I have opened up my eyes to his amazing and challenging life journey.
From an ordinary school life, to monastic seclusion, to military training,
Which were none that he had missed,
I learnt a lot from his honourable past, and the torturous but meaningful present.
The type of suffer which civilians like me could never relate to;
Which makes me truly understand,
What makes a soldier tough, and what makes the minority to let go of humanity, to turn out as psychotics.
To perform something which is way beyond the maximum ability is something I can never imagine.
With that,
I admire the strength and will of this person (thumbs-up).

And then there is this friend of mine,
Who always expose himself to different types of challenges, volunteers and works,
To gain various experiences from different parts of the world.
All motivated, invested and contributed by himself.
To compare with him is as far apart as sky and sea.
While he was volunteering for works that suit his outspoken personality the most,
I was still a young innocent schoolgirl, who only knew striving for academic excellence.
And while I, at last, found a job that could polish my listening and counseling skills,
He has followed the biotech company that he currently works for to China,
To expand the market.
What my mentor said of him has been very true, as well as my impression towards him.
He is gonna be a very successful man.
For a person who is kind and honest, who does not mind sharing knowledge, who is very clear and focused on his goals,
I truly salute him for that.

While looking back at my previous daily entries as well as the biography that I have written,
I found myself to be really narrow-minded, shallow and unexposed.
No wonder my lecturer did not pay much attention to me in class even though I had performed so well. 
Because I was way too fussy.

I truly appreciate this long holiday,
That I have made full use of it, to make it meaningful everyday.
It's time to grow up and learn, to observe the realistic issues, to change my beliefs, to expose to challenges, to try out new things, to approach as many people as possible...
And most importantly, to gain life lessons and new experiences.
Yes, I should nourish myself with these exposure in order to prepare myself for London's life.

Well. 
Last but not least,
For those people who have been rude and ignorant,
It's really time for me to chill and let go.
If they ever ask for my help again,
Yes I'll still help for sure,
But perhaps, not as altruistic and helpful as before.
Because when people take you for granted, I really don't see the point anymore.
I shouldn't be too naive, as the saying goes, 
'Sometimes we have to be smart, to protect ourselves from being exploited'.

Yeah. 
Sadly among all the positivism, this is the minor issue that unmakes my days at times.
Well anyway, just let go.
And be happy with what I am having right now. :)

Random thoughts:
1. I don't see the point to lie in my blog.
2. I do not have any idea to compose a poem, even though I wanted to do it very much. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment